Start your flight in summer season, early in the morning. I recommend to set the weather to "few clouds" and to fly around 5000 ft.
- Leaving Shizuoka, we fly along the coastline of the beautiful suruga bay - dead ahead of us Japan's tallest mountain, Fuji-san!
- Approaching Mount Fuji, we see Gotemba in the distance. A lesser known place to start the hike up to Fuji-san on the green trail (Gotemba Trail). This trail is not so populated and hence recommended for those who don't like to queue while hiking ;-) At Gotemba there is also an outlet city for those who prefer shopping...
- As we approach Gotemba we fly over the location of the accident of Boac Flight 911
- To your left the large Hoei Crater of Fuji-san
- Right below you can see the zig-zag of the gotemba trail
- If you watch closely, you can also see some small huts along the trail where hikers can eat and sleep
- Following now on our route we fly over some lakes from where you also have a great view to the volcano
- Right before Lake Motosu you will see the forest "Aokigahara" - the forest where unfortunately many desperate people go and won't return...
- Our journey continues as we fly over the japanese alps and the prefecture of Gunma, a marvel of nature, relax and old-style hot springs
- Once we pass Mount Asama to our left, we are already slowly arriving towards Niigata, a large coastal town at the Sea of Japan
- If you like seafood, you will be spoiled for your life! Enjoy with a fresh Sapporo Beer!
Today’s Music for you: https://youtu.be/k3fz6CC45ok